My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, August 10, 2007

A Good Rainy Day

Wow! I won a book from Pats Fantasy Hotlist!!!

I gave some books away in my contest and I won one!.. not a bad week!

I occasionally put my name in for the giveaways but this was totally unexpected ! Mostly I tried for this one because my brother and David are big Dune fans (meaning they've read most all the books) So I will surprise David with it when it gets here!

I was in the web checking conventions and the one I always go to in the Meadowlands in October started listing guests..

Two artists who I buddy with are both going to be there so I can count on the fact I will go and have a good time visiting! It's a ways off, not until the beginning of October, but at least I can look forward to it.

My "buddy" Ken Kelly will be there... I sit in the area with him alot and we chit-chat between customers. He's updated his site recently, if you haven't seen it you might want to take a peek. Mostly he does Sword and Sorcery type paintings and did quite a bit with Kiss.

The other artist that will be there is yet another sweetie! (I can't begin to tell you how nice both of these men are!)

Roger Kastel and his wife Grace ... super folks. Always willing to talk with anyone that wanders in their area, ..even if they don't buy anything!

Roger is most noted for the poster/ book cover for the movie Jaws that he did.

I wish Roger had a web site but he doesn't.. so I can't send you to see his other great paintings.

But he's done other really fantastic stuff.. including some artwork from Star Wars.

I'm happy I found out "the boys" will be at the convention today... it helps pass a dreary rainy day here in New Jersey!

Have a good weekend wherever you are!..

...'till next time...


4 Comments:

Blogger chrisa511 said...

Well you've gotten to know some pretty damn cool people throughout your life, huh? I wish we'd have a good convention here. I'm craving a convention so bad after hearing all about Comic Con!

And congrats on winning the book!! Karma's coming around to you ;)

7:17 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is so interesting how ARTISTS like these men are kind of NOT taken seriouslty..yet, the JAWS Image in all the print material is what SOLD that movie! And still does. Beautiful work on both these men's part...!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Good for you in winning the book, Deslily! :)

Send some of that rain down this way...we need it badly! I love rain and wish it would rain and rain for a month! Things are pretty desperate in parts of south-east Queensland, although up here on the mountain, where I live it's not as bad.

Have a great weekend, Deslily. :)

12:41 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: well by the time you reach MY AGE, you'd better have met some people! lol

Naomi: These men and many others blow me away! They read a book and come up with a vision that they can put on canvas!! Hello? lol.. I can come up with a vision but I sure can't put it on canvas they way they do!

Hi Lee.. and thanks! I just wonder why I can never win "money"! LOL

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home