My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, July 06, 2007

A Moment of Thanks

I don't know if anyone noticed, but I have a new Header on my blog! ( I wish we had Headers on the aol journal...but alas, it's not to be)
This new Header all came about because of Astaryth ! Astaryth, is one of the aol folks (but maintains a mirror blog) who I began reading way back when I first started blogging. She's also.. smart! heh. Obviously.
When she put a new Header on her blogspot blog I innocently asked if a new one could be put on the "old blog templates". Now I know a tiny bit (very tiny). I can add links and such, but that's about it folks lol.
Astaryth, emailed me and I sent her my template.. we went back and forth only a few times before she had the script in and I had my new header!! And all I had to do was to make and size the picture I wanted! Isn't that cool?!!
So I wanted to take a moment and thank Astaryth for all her help. This isn't the first time she'd helped me do something in my journal/ blog that I couldn't do, so it stands to reason this isn't the first thank you ... and it probably won't be the last!
THANK YOU ASTARYTH!!
(now, if I could only get her here to NJ to rewire my towers! lol)

I'd also like to thank Chris ( Stuff Dreams are Made Of ) He's doing a big favor for me. Chris is someone I met not long ago from Carl's blog when Carl was having a Fantasy Reading Challenge. (big surprise that a fantasy reading challenge would draw my interest huh?)
Anyway I met Chris there. He's an unusual young man. By that I mean he's very young and already knows what he wants to do with his life!
Many think if one reads Fantasy books, that they have no brains at all. This certainly isn't true with Chris. He's already graduated College and is on his way to furthering his degrees so that he can become a counselor for young adults.
Isn't that marvelous?!!! How many YOUNG folks do you know who has their direction in life already decided? And not just that, but already well on his way to doing it!?!
Not only is he a young man working hard to achieve his goals.. but he takes the time to stop and do a favor of an old lady who he only knows from reading blogs!!
And so I wanted to give Chris a shout and tell him how much I appreciate his help!
THANK YOU CHRIS!!
Ok, I think that's all the thank you's for today lol..



Have a great Friday everyone!
...'till next time....


12 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

Awwwwww.... I love the Elly! And you are so welcome... Hmmm... I need to look at Wordpress. I'll bet we could put your header over THERE too. Only AOL is a big stick in the mud about letting us play with the code ;p

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool -

and I have found that usually those of us who read Fantasy are probably a bit more Brainiacish (my made up word for the day). Vivid imaginations!!!!

1:13 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

astaryth: nope. I already checked wordpress.. like aol they only have a spot for "title" and another for the description.. but I like my header so much I check already lol

Karmyn: I have found many who read fantasy are creative in one way or another.

5:03 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I posted a comment earlier and it looks like it didn't post! But it went something like this ;):

Thanks so much for the kind words Pat :) You're too sweet! And you've managed to turn me bright red!

So I've managed to convince someone that I know what I'm doing with my life, huh?....lol

I love that elephant! Is he/she? from Shambala?

5:13 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Oh! And I noticed your new header! I love it...It suits you and your blog perfectly :)

5:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hey Chris!.. I bet you look good in "red" heh..
Yes, the elephant is Timbo. Unfortunately he has passed away, but he was one of two elephants at Shambala.. here's a link to a "tribute" I did using photo's I had taken of Timbo..
http://herethereandeverywhere2ndedition.blogspot.com/2006/04/remembering-timbo.html

5:20 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Nice post, Deslily and equally nice new Header. :)

Have a great weekend.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'd hate to be that elephant's dentist...he has some serious molar work to be done:)

12:22 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I think I said earlier, but I'll say it again, I love the new header!!! Looks fantastic.

9:50 AM  
Blogger darkorpheus said...

Ah, Gandalf the Grey - good choice!

10:15 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Thanks Lee..I like to make sure they know I appreciate them!

Aww com'on Chris.. give Timbo a break lol

Yes, you did, thanks again Carl!

Hi dark orpheus.. yes he's a grand choice!! and they couldn't have chosen a better actor for the part!

12:03 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That is wonderful thathe knows exactly what he wants to do and is on his way to doing it....!
Very very nice NEW Header, Pat!
Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home