My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Physik



So... I just finished the last book by Angie Sage, Physik.






The best part is: I'm sorry it's over and I hope she writes more to this series containing Septimus Heap! (I enjoyed it that much)


The worst part is: In the beginning, she took me by surprise because I expected book three to tell me what happened to a major character, who was good.. gone bad. That didn't happen. (except in a blurb at the end of her books where she writes a few pages of: what happened to...)


All through the book I expected this character to show up so I would learn what happened to him but it was not to be... leaving me with the feeling that there should be another installment. I searched the web to see if indeed she was writing another Septimus Heap book, but I could find nothing.


I did enjoy book three as much as the others but it bothered me that I never really learned more about this one character: Simon Heap.


In book 3 she introduced some new characters and of course a set of new problems and it read very well. I don't want to give anything away but I would definitely recommend these books for young adults and for those of us just wanting something easy and enjoyable to read.


Reading level: Ages 9-12 (In my opinion: All Ages!)


Magyk... Angie Sage
Hardcover: 576 pages
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (March 15, 2005)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0060577312
ISBN-13: 978-0060577315
Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 5.8 x 1.8 inches


Flyte.... Angie Sage
Hardcover: 544 pages
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (March 14, 2006)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0060577347
ISBN-13: 978-0060577346
Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 5.6 x 1.8 inches


Physik....Angie Sage
Hardcover: 560 pages
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (March 27, 2007)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0060577371
ISBN-13: 978-0060577377
Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 5.8 x 1.9 inches


Before I go I want to direct anyone who reads a lot to Sandra Ruttan: On Life and Other Inconveniences blog. She wrote a great post about reading: or the lack of. It's a good read, so hop over and check it o ut and leave a comment if it strikes a nerve.


Also,.. I finally finished writing my list of all the books I own! I've been wanting to list my books for a long time and I finally did it! (though it was a reminder of moving from CA and having to sell some that I would rather not have) It can be found here. I just ordered more books so those will be added soon!


I just thought I'd show you how exciting it is around here today.. meanwhile...have a nice day! ....'till next time.....




3 Comments:

Blogger Kiyotoe said...

you really read a LOT! You make me feel bad. lol.

7:17 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi kiyotoe.. yeah well.. i do try to "escape" as much as possible.. it probably keeps me sane.. or is that insane?..makes me feel good when I run away to "fantasy land"

7:21 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I love the picture of the cats...great. :)

Those covers on the books you read are terrific...great graphics.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home