My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, May 18, 2007

2 fer 1

8 Things About Me Meme..
Here are the rules:
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I love reading fantasy..
big surprise huh? I just love Sorcerers and Dragons and adventure (doesn't have to be "high adventure).. and.. . On the occasion that I don't read fantasy I enjoy books about the original astronauts and now and then I read a Biography of someone who interests me.
2. I love movies and like to own them.
If I want to see a movie, then it's the same as saying I want to own the movie! I hate renting movies and I can no longer get out to go to the movies when I'd like to. There's also the fact that if I like a movie I do watch it more then once! (more then twice.. more then...)
3 I still miss DeForest and Carolyn:
Another no brainer here. There are times I miss them so much I begin to dream that they are still with me. They made such an impression on my life, I can't let go of them.
4 I love animals:
I love just about all animals. A highlight in my life was doing volunteer work for Tippi Hedren with her lions and tigers and cougars (and elephants) I had a special bond/ love affair with a (then) young Cougar named Daisy, and even as time passes I think of her.
5 I collect autographs:
I guess I'm not giving away too much new information with this meme! But there's not much about me that I haven't mentioned at one time or another in my journal! (sorry 'bout that)
6 Don't ever take me to either: a book store, or an art supply store or a computer store
These are stores that I can't walk out of without spending money that I don't have! So PAHLEEZE, never take me into one of them!
7 I cry alot and often:
Ok, that here's one you may not know, and at the same time, it's more then you'd want to know!
8 I used to daydream alot... I miss it.
When I was younger my "handle" for my old CB base was DayDreamer. I was disappointed when I came to aol that the name was already taken so I resorted to DesLily, which many know was originally De's Lily, from when I first met DeForest.
I tag anyone who would like to participate!...
**************************************
I finished Bridge to Teribithia... all i can say is: I wasn't prepared for it!
(I'm glad I didn't see the movie before reading this book.)
It's a small book..
most can likely read it in one sitting... but don't.
Read it slow.
Read it with heart.
It's a book you won't soon forget.... 'nuff said.


...'till next time....

7 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

LOL, don't take me to a computer store, a video game store, or Best Buy.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Yea... not much here we didn't know - at least if we come around at all regularly! But a nice little summation of the overall you nonetheless. I am sorry to hear number 7... that makes me sad. I am adding you to my prayer list that God may increase your feeling of peace - and even joy! (and I hope that doesn't make you cry...)

11:33 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Wonderful post Deslily :) I've enjoyed getting to know you over just the past couple of weeks and I feel like this post caught me up a little bit!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Others may not have learned anything if they already know you, but I learned alot about you. Nicely done.

I would love to hear more (or be pointed to the posts if there are any) on how/why you knew DeForest and his wife, etc.

I am hoping to read Bridge this summer eventhough I've seen the movie because I really, really loved the film.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, deslily!

That copy of Bridge to Terabithia looks lovely. I like the cover art.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

I'm like you when it comes to bookstores. And as for crying...nothing terrible about that...I cry, too! ;)

10:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I hate to hear that you cry a lot but I have been the same way for the past few weeks. I quit taking zoloft and now I keep getting emotionally overwhelmed (sad, mad, glad) and the result for each is teary eyes. Brandi tells me that what I describe is PMS:)

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home