My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Lists...

I have to laugh at myself.. either that or cry that my memory sucks anymore.
I go through my check list for my trip everyday and try to make sure that there's nothing I am forgetting.
Airline Ticket... check... print it out the day before
Hotel Reservation... check..keep confirmation number with me at all times.
Money for extra autographs... check.. set it aside from other money
Pack clothes... in process
Pack Books.. check
Pack camera... check
Pack money and photo ID ... in process
Pack list with phone numbers and addresses... check
Ok I went thru most of it once again, so I'm good until tomorrow..heh.
I get really scared that my memory is getting a bit worse and that I hope it's nothing permanent. My daily life for the past several years hasn't changed. I live my brother and David's life..with next to none of my own. (not a complaint) So I no longer think for myself and work things out on my own.. I simply "do".
A few years back a story I began to write got me hooked and I managed to keep my mind a bit sharper working on that... but still the many interruptions just got to the point where, once I had finished with 3 stories... the 4th wasn't happening in my head.
I try to read so that I have to concentrate, but a lot of that flies over my head now too. The actually concentration just doesn't seem to be there, or if it is it's not consistent.
I can discuss the name of someone in a movie downstairs with my brother, come up stairs with the idea of writing about this person and within the few minutes it takes me to climb 12 stairs and sit at my computer I can't come up with the name again! I wind up having to go to IMDb and type in a movie I know "said name" was in to remember it again... and that's totally terrifying. (you have no idea how many times, only recently, the name Angela Lansbury has left my head and all i can think of is "Jessica ...." this is a perfect example! Now I can't come up with Jessica's last name! And I KNOW I know it!)
This has happened to me for some time now. I used to be able to then go through the alphabet, one letter at a time, and eventually come up with the name... I can't always do that anymore... but having said that I just did it and came up with her last name Fletcher...
I realize some will say "oh that happens to me too".. but the deal is, that it's happening more and more to me and sometimes I get downright frightened by it.

And you thought I was kidding about my lists huh? heh... Trust me when I say that you do NOT want me as a partner for a game of Trivia!!
"Till next time..."



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee -

I have a friend who can read my mind. All I have to say is...

Remember that blonde guy who was in that weird movie with the motorcycle?

And she knows the answer. You need a friend like that!

12:55 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

karmyn: yeah no kidding! lol I wish it were just "names".. the kicker is to walk into the kitchen and stand there and not remember why you went there in the first place!!! Can she help with that? lol

1:31 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Tandy



Hey deoderant, floss, etc.
don't forget those either.

C.A.M.E.R.A

11:59 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Don't forget your toothbrush, Deslily!!!

I always start packing early if I'm going anywhere...I'm hopeless! Hehehehehe!

1:21 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Pamela and Lee:..yep the the toothbrush and stuff is all in the qt size plastic bag the airport requires. the second bag is the hard one.. it contains things I need right up until I leave for the airport, stuff like my hairbrush. sigh.

7:50 AM  
Blogger DellaB said...

Hi Pat, saw your note, thanks - no time this week to do anything but follow son around seeing to things to do with his house. His tenants have moved, or were supposed to have moved, but he doesn't have access yet, and he leaves again for Sydney tomorrow.

On the lists/memory score - the one I hate most, though certainly have not reached your 'condition' yet - us when I do a big list, and then leave home without it!


haha - good idea, from Pamela and Lee - you should post your list and we will add anything to it we think you've forgotten?

hugs
Della

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home