My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Just a few thoughts..

In case you can't see for yourself... I am having troubles "leaving California behind".
Being there again reminded me of when I lived there. I worked for an Insurance Company located in a bank building right on the corner of Ventura Blvd and Sepulveda in Sherman Oaks.
It was pretty much a focal point in Sherman Oaks as right at that corner was also an exit from the Freeway, so there was always a lot of traffic. It was also across from the Sherman Oaks Galleria (mall), where I went to eat now and then in the food court.
Anyway.. living in Sherman Oaks you never knew who you'd see going about their business. DeForest always did the food shopping for he and Carolyn and did the banking etc, so he was seen doing all his errands.
A few others I remember seeing were: Dan Haggerty, who I found sitting in our building court yard during lunch one day (I've always been in love with his beard!) and Mike Farrel was in our building once or twice. (gawd, talk about the greatest smile you could ever see! That's the one who I'd pick for the Oscar of greatest smile
Tristen Rogers (Scorpio/ General Hospital) I saw now and then going in and out of our building.. and Kirsty Kirstie?) Alley I ran into in a pet store. Though she looked a might different with no makeup ..heh. I guess we can all say the same thing (woman that is).

What was the nicest was that no one bothered the actors whenever they were out and about... you were just used to the idea that you never knew who you'd see or run in to. And anyone who was a celebrity, if they noticed that you noticed who they were, always responded with nice smiles to you... somehow it felt like seeing an old friend.
Going back to the area where i once lived sure pulled at my heart strings. I did so love it there, but feared it too... just because the quake I went thru was a nasty one and I thought I was about to die... so I have a healthy or unhealthy fear of them. Whatever, I still miss San Fernando Valley, the friends I made, the people I knew.
It would seem the return trip made me feel like it did when I had to leave the first time.
Ah well... eventually things will be normal inside me again.
On a last good note: my letter is mailed off to Andy Serkis. I expect no response, since I didn't ask for anything from him, like an autograph. I hope he reads it, but I know it's one of those things I will never know for sure.
As for today?.......... a leak under the sink kept me with a plummer for over 3 hours today. .. Just glad I'm not the one that will get the bill!
And how was your day?
' Till next time...


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, I think that you will probably get a response from Andy Serkis. I'm betting on it.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Nice post, Deslily...I understand completely how you're feeling at the moment after your Californian trip. Memories pull at one's heartstrings and there's nothing much you can do about it other than to go with the flow. Things will settle back to normal for you soon...but don't rush it...enjoy the memories. :)

4:34 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Karmyn: awww thanks for the nice thoughts but I didn't ask for any sort of response, plus here's how busy he is:
Freezing Time (2007) (announced)... Erickson
Inkheart (2008) (post-production)... Capricorn
Sugarhouse Lane (2007) (post-production) .... Hoodwink
Rendition (2007/II) (post-production) .... The Interrogator

There's always looping and reshoots so I'm glad to report he's a busy man right now!

Hi Lee: I know it will settle soon.. it just brings me down to the crying stages sometimes so I guess I fight to keep it as long as I can.

Movies, actors, painters, books.. they are all that make me smile anymore, so I grasp at straws sometimes. I'm not as obsessed as some might think..It's just that not much makes me feel alive anymore. These things do.. they let me live a different life, so to speak.

10:07 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It sounds like you really had a wonderful time her, Pat...I'm so happy for you....! I know that building, BTW. I was never in there but passed by it a million times...Oh you know, actually I was in it once...Probably 15 years ago....And The Galleria has certainly gone through a lot of changes over the years---I cannot remember if it is still open or has opened again...I cannot keep up! (lol)
Do you sometimes wish you still lived here Pat? I can certainly understand your feelings about tye Earthquake...!

5:05 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Did the plumber have a Norge?
)Thats what I call the crack that shows up when they bend over)

12:13 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Maybe it's not that you "can't go back home again"......maybe it is "you shouldn't go back home again".


Chris
My Blog

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home