My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Just another day....






Your Movie Buff Quotient: 72%

You are a total movie buff. Classics, blockbusters, indie favorites... you've seen most of them. Your friends know to come to you whenever they need a few good DVD rental suggestions.



Only 72%?? sheesh.. I need to see more movies!


Meanwhile, I did finish reading Thief Lord, ... She (Cornelia Funke) is such a good writer! The book is for kids but it was enjoyable anyway.

So I went crazy all weekend without anything to read. When David is home and I "could" get out, say to a book store, I have no way to get there. I don't drive and David can't drive me because then my brother would be alone, and he can't be left alone. The closest Barnes and Noble is 20 minutes away, so to even be dropped off would mean a 40 minute round trip.. no can do. It frustrated me all weekend.

Oh yes, I did consider a taxi.. but that would be at least 25.00 each way. I could get 2 hard back books for that!.... sigh.

Maybe how I feel is also coming down from the trip. I just know I'm having a hard time even thinking of what to write about for this journal. I seem to be in automation mode. Just doing what I have to without thinking at all. Sure hope this passes soon.

I chatted in IM a bit with a man who read my stories that I wrote (as I wrote them.. poor fellow lol) a long time ago. He asked if I was ever going to write more. I had begun another "book" but never got past 2 chapters. A big part of what I wanted to write would have humor in it...and you have to feel humor to write humor. It's been gone for some time now. This is know, or I'd be writing!
It's been very strange for me for some time now. I really can't explain it even to myself, and can't seem to change it. It makes me wonder if this is how I will be from now on?? I hope not.
Well, there's always tomorrow right?...


'till next time....


7 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

54% You are well on your way to becoming a movie buff.
You've seen many of the great films, and you have even probably developed an expertise in a few genres.




If I'm not interested, I don't watch it. Obviously

12:07 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

ps.. why don't you do an internet book thing? Lending library.. I don't know.
Of course it's not nearly as fun as walking into a bookstore and smelling the print.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

"Your Movie Buff Quotient: 82%
You are a movie buff of the most obsessive variety. If a movie exists, chances are that you've seen it.
You're an expert on movie facts and trivia. It's hard to stump you with a question about film."

I've always been a "movie buff"...things don't change!

3:26 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

72%???

that quiz must be broken. You're at least a 98.9%.

At least.

5:18 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I got the exact same % as you. How does that work?

1:48 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I go through those times too, where you file like you are on autopilot.

It seems that the more I read, the more I want to write and the better it is.


Chris
My Blog

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same syndrome you have as far as writing. You have to be in the mood to write what you are working on or it suffers (and so do I). My blog, for example. I named it "psychosomatic wit" but I often feel it isn't that witty. When I am in the right mood, I am in no position to write. When I am in position to write, often I am just not in the mood. What a curse!

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home