My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Winter arrived in NJ

Well, it finally happened! The first snow (other then a dusting) in New Jersey!
I took this picture at 7:30 this morning.. It's now 9:10 and the roads are clear just from traffic... so it's safe to say the rest will be gone shortly.
It seems so strange that other parts of the country are getting pounded with snow and the East Coast that is normally the one to get hit hard has been spared.... so far. (not complaining!)

Being true to being a pessimist... I await the other shoe to drop. But in this case I would love to be found wrong!
On another note: I finished book 3 of the Dragonvorld Series by Margaret Weis. I enjoyed the trilogy. Book 3 was odd somehow... it was hard back but smaller (the actual size of the book) then the first two. It also wasn't double spaced like the other two. And it seemed to me, (not that i am knowledgeable in this matter) that some things in the last book were "rushed". I realize there are times when things are to happen quickly but I felt like some things could have had more written about it.
Oh well.. I still enjoyed them. They were different and yet well written. With a few good characters to keep me reading, which was most important.
Next I am going to tackle Goblin Quest. I say tackle because this is a paperback. The printing will be smaller and not double spaced.. a real test of how much I can roll my eye around for a clear spot. If it gets too much I will have to set it aside and read a hard back and hope the eye gets better sooner or later.
Changing the subject:
Did anyone watch Greys Anatomy last night? Oh goodness... what a tear jerker it was! I didn't want to go to sleep with that on my mind so I tried to stay awake and watch Men in Trees. I'm not an Ann Hesch fan but I watched most of it and then turned it off and eventually went to sleep.

'Til next time..

3 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Saw part of "Grey's Anatomny" but was doing something so mu concentration was not on it at all...!
As as to Isaiah Washington? He did say the things reported...I don't know that THAT means he should be fired, but it means he needs a reality check...There is no call to repeat what he said he didn't say if he really thinks that is outgargeous. What's outrageous is that he would say it a SECOND time....Something is waaaaay off there.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

absolutely, positively, no fair at all. i haven't seen snow in years. And you're just rubbing it in.

looks so cold........but fun.

except for the shoveling.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I'd say you are as fast a reader as me (when I actually get to sit and read!)

I am going to find this trilogy at the library and give it a go.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home