My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Note of Thanks...

For those of you who were concerned about my latest health problem, which was my right eye... it gained a bunch of what they call floaters, and whenever I moved my eye from side to side I would get a lightening type flash on the side of my eye.

Many thought it might be a torn or detached Retina.. which I am more then happy to report, It is NOT! (I sweated that one out!)

The doctor said the Retina was fine and the flashes and newly acquired "floaters" (which also are making it really hard to read) MIGHT go away in a few months.. or .. may not. So expect to see my typos then usual!

But at least I know it's not the Retina and so am not "blind" yet! I realize some may say .. well, you have the other eye, which is good. Well.. it's not that good. I have a blind spot right in the middle of sight. It's been there since I was young. When looking through both eyes it's not noticeable, but should my other eye get real bad and I need to see with only my right eye.. well... when I look at typing such as I am doing now thru one eye.. each word, as I look at it is gone... i see all around it but not the exact word I am looking at. Which tells you one of the reasons I was so upset over the other eye.

Other than taking care of my brother, all I have to call of a life of my own is being on this computer, watching television, or reading. That takes both of my eyes.

So... that's that for now. I want to thank everyone for caring enough to leave comments about getting to a doctor. That too was not easy. I got very lucky that the neighbor could come and stay with my brother so that I could go. She could not have done that if her husband was not presently out of work, because of small children. It's hard to ask someone to help take care of a disabled person when they are not used to it. Luckily again, this neighbor, when she worked (before kids) was a person who went to help at homes, thru an agency, for the disabled.

This same woman may be the lady that helps me actually be able to take some "time off" (second time in 7 yrs) this coming March. But I will save that for a later post.

Thanks again to all of you!

All this eye stuff is effecting my reading blogs more then I like. I am a slow reader to begin with and now I think it's down to a crawl! I tire of rolling my eye around trying to find a clear spot only to have the floaters return and hinder what I am trying to read... This is going to impair my book reading too... I really hope this eventually disappears like the doctor said it "might".

But until then... we will attempt to get back to regular programing....

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are looking better (no pun intended). :) My experience with floaters (and my family's) has been pretty good. They eventually went away!

11:32 AM  
Blogger SQT said...

I'm glad you made it to the doctor. Isn't it reassuring to hear that it's not as serious as you feared?

Hopefully the eye will get better soon and you can get back to enjoying your reading as usual.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Crunchy Carpets said...

Oh Pat...the floaters suck.
But when my gramps got some bad one's and he was despairing of his reading...they did actually get a bit better.

My mom gets them from time to time too.

I wish the doctors would take em more seriously.

And I am sorry that you don't have more help with your brother...you need some 'you' time.

Take care ok?

6:30 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I'm glad it isn't as serious as it first seemed. I hope things get back to normal soon for you.

7:25 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks folks.. I'm glad it isn't worse too!..

I might actually have some "me time" in March.. if so it will be the second time I've had a week to myself in 7 yrs.. do I need it?? duh!!

The twice a year 1 day conventions don't counts since I still have to feed 9 cats and my brother before I can leave! lol

7:40 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

OY! What a nuisance! I get floaters all the time - but they do go away -- come and go.... I actually started noticing them when I was just a kid -- and then I thought they were "cool" -- though I didn't know what they were -- just lines in my eyes that I could chase by trying to grab a closer look at them! LOL! (actually, I still DO sometimes! Though just when I'm waking up in the morning before I actually crawl out of bed!) I find them quite silly if there are only a few -- but VERY annoying if there are many! My father in law used to get laser eye surgery to get rid of them.... so if yours DON'T go away on their own - maybe that's a possibility?

Now... is there a specific post that tells about your brother? I need to get dowwwwwwn you blog aways and read some of those old pages you have listed! I've been waiting to have some time! oh... I actually DO have a little time - right now! I'll go do that!

OH! And I LOVED your comment in MY blog! Drummer huh? How COOL is that!? And what's your tatoo? And where? LOL! This is JUST the kinda stuff I was wondering about! See? I never would have known this stuff!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

good for you for taking it seriously and seeing the eye doc.

Now you can have some assurance (and me too) I found out last year I have beginning cataracts, and it has me pretty down. I have just taken up water coloring, and sometimes I can't see the edge of my brush stroke.

I'm looking forward to this weekend when I can read some more of your archives.

(:

2:38 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

if the doctor said it'll disappear, then maybe it will....NOW if I say it'll disappear....then you might as well "go all in" and bet the farm because The Dragon knows eyes and floaters..........

and every other ailment that may arise.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

I just left a comment in one of your 'older' blog entries....

Here

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home