My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, January 22, 2007

A Quick Read

It was that time again, for me to back up my computer, so I spent part of yesterday afternoon copying things to cd. I do this every month.. a bit of a pita but then, I always feel safer once it's done.
Well.. the book I was reading, Goblin Quest, was a quick read! (356 pages)
It was a nice light read. Different. When was the last time anyone read a fantasy book where a Goblin is the main character? And an undersized Goblin to boot! This was a stand alone paperback book, and though it was not a bad read, (I did enjoy it) I don't know if I would have wanted more of the same.
Next up I am going to start reading Eragon, by Christopher Paolini.

This is the book they made a movie from. I haven't seen the movie so I have nothing to spoil the read. I have some other paperback books but I did find it harder to read the small book with my blurry eye. I looked inside of Eragon and it is double spaced like the Margaret Weis books I just read, so I decided to wait on the paperback books for now.
New Jersey is finally getting winter temperatures. We had a dusting again, of snow, but that's all gone. This is NOT a complaint!! I've always loved "watching it snow", but now that I'm old and have bulging disks in my lower back, shoveling is not on the list of "fun stuff to do". So, I'm ok with the lack of snow! Besides, it's probably waiting for March to have a blizzard or two and mess up my trip to California.. that's the sort of luck I have. But I'm hoping it won't come to pass. We are expecting another dusting tonite... so far each time we had our tiny bit of snow it's happened while I'm alseep. I wake and see it white outside and by noon it's gone. I've yet to actually "see" it snow! That's incredible to me seeing as January only has 8 more days left to it!
Oh boy... the news is on television... Hilary Clinton is officially running. Along with more people then normally run! Maybe everyone running thinks they can be the one to get us out of this war!.. that would be nice.
'Till next time...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eragon is a good book - but not great. What makes it great is that it was written by a 15 year old boy. It is the first in a series of 3 - I don't know if the 3rd book is out yet.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Hey... look at your ticker factory.
I'm looking forward to your posts after that trip!!!

2:50 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Karmyn.. I started to read Eragon.. it's not bad.. I have book2 that he wrote too but no, book 3 is not out yet.

Pamela...the convention report after the trip is always fun to write about!!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home