My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thursday...

Another day...

I finally finished the book I was reading, Dragon's Fire, by Todd McCaffrey. It took me a while for finish. I don't think he captured me at all until the very end of the book. Although I see talent in him, he's certainly not his mother when it comes to the Pern Series. And that makes me sad, since I could read about Pern and the dragons more.

Next I tackle a book called Legends II.

Short stories by various authors. After glancing thru it I seem I probably will be lucky if I read even half of this book. There are just some things I don't think would interest me, though I will begin to read each and see if it captures me or not. Thankfully there's a few I know I'll like.

Actually it's hard for me to get into any of them since I get called to do something quite often all day long. But I have to try because otherwise I am consumed by my everyday life... which means I don't think for myself at all.

I wish I could get into my 4th installment of my story again... it's been over a year. But If i can't seem to concentrate to read, I sure can't concentrate to write. When I did write, it was only for myself but I miss it. I miss escaping.

Anyway... only 11 days left for Christmas shopping! I hope yours is done. I would hate to really "have to" still be shopping after this weekend... that's the time everyone should be happy the shopping is over and beginning to enjoy the feelings of Christmas.

It's been unseasonably warm here in NJ. Normally I wouldn't complain about that..but I have a feeling it's all due to global warming, and that scares the heck out of me.

For the moment though, I know those that still are out and about are glad for the warm (mid 50's) weather, and glad that they don't have to try to drive around in ice and snow. I remember last year we had just a tiny bit of snow on Thanksgiving.. and here we sit in the 50's, quite a difference.

So, here's to sunny shopping days to everyone!.. *tipping my cafe vienna*

4 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Amazing that it is so warm there...And I think you are right----Global Warming is no doubt the reason...! Help Us!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

So what are you writing about? Are you writing short stories. Share a little bit about that.

Peace

5:53 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I've tried to read Todd McCaffrey, but he just can't compare to his mother. I think they wanted to continue to capitalize on the Pern series, but he just doesn't have her vision IMO.

I'm not much of a short story reader. Which is odd since I wouldn't mind writing (and hopefully publishing) some of my own. The only short stories I have liked in the past were Stephen Kings. But he writes such long books I think I like being able to read a shorter version of anything by him.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I've been reading The Tommyknockers by Stephen King.. and it's taking forever. I should finish it up today, though. It's definitely not as good as some of his others.

Yes! My shopping is done! Almost. We still need to pick up a truckload of batteries for the toys for the grandkids and a few other last minute small things.. but the big shopping is done!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home