My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

A useful Site..


The other day while in the web, I discovered a website some of you might like. At this site you can put in a name of your favorite actor/ actress and it will come up with a list of any movie that person is in for whatever month we are in, so that you won't miss a movie that your favorite actor is in! I thought this was pretty cool! (space to type name in upper right hand corner: search "stars on tv"
It will also list "all horror movies" for the month, all "scifi" for the month (if you click on the link they provide) The site is called TV-Now
Since my posts have been directed towards Halloween and movies, I (of course) put in Lon Chaney Jr's name and came up with this:
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein: Sat Oct 21 12:00P on Turner Classic Movies. Starring Bud Abbott, Lou Costello, Lon Chaney Jr, Bela Lugosi and Vincent Price,..oh my gawd! How did I ever forget Vincent Price in my post below this one??!!!
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man: Thu Oct 26 11:30A on American Movie Classics
House of Dracula : Tue Oct 24 12:45P on American Movie Classics
House of Frankenstein: Thu Oct 26 01:00P on American Movie Classics
Son of Dracula: Tue Oct 24 11:00A on American Movie Classics
The Wolf Man Thu Oct 26 10:00A on American Movie Classics
Sat Oct 28 11:30A on American Movie Classics


I hope you find this website useful!
Before I go I just had to search some photo's from Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein!... The first shot is Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff. The second is Abbott and Costello with Karloff (Frankenstein) and the third has Karloff, Lugosi, and Lon Chaney with Abbot and Costello. Now this is a movie both old and young can get a chuckle over!


Oh!.. and keeping on the theme of "creepy and scarey".. the last weekend of October is the autograph show Chiller Theater that I go to all the time. Not that I am necessarily into horror, but this time because I'll be helping my friend Scott Schwartz (A Christmas Story/ The Toy) while he's signing autographs. There's a big line up of guests at this show, though many I don't even know there are a few of interest (to me) that I will try to take photo's of.
ANTHONY MICHAEL HALL (Weird Science, The Breakfast Club, Edward Scissorhands, & Sixteen Candles.)
ROBERT BELTRAN (Star Trek: Voyager, & Raoul in Eating Raoul!)
PATRICIA MCCORMACK (The Bad Seed)
JOHN DE LANCIE (Star Trek:TNG.)
LOU FERRIGNO (The HULK in the TV series, Sinbad of the Seven Seas, & Hercules)
ERIN MORAN (Happy Days)
BETSY PALMER (Jason Voorhees mother in Friday the 13th)
LANCE GUEST (Halloween II, The Last Starfighter, & Jaws: The Revenge.)
BILL DAILY (I Dream of Jeannie & Howard Borden in The Bob Newhart Show)
JOYCE DEWITT
( Three's Company.)


All the actors and their photo's can be found "here"... and there's many more I didn't list!

2 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It's quite sad that Boris Karloff got "stuck" in this genre of fil all because of Frankenstein...He was such a truly wonderfully gifted actor that got typecast because of that one role. Legosi, too, really....One wonders how each of them felt about how and where their careers went...

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is not Karloff... That is Glenn Strange as Frankenstein in all those pix. Karloff was in the original, The Bride and Son of Frankenstein. He got out while the character was still awesome...

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home