My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

It was fun While it Lasted.

Well poop!

I'm finding out that some folks on the beta version of blogspot are having troubles on some sites that aren't Beta. This is the first I've even heard that this Beta thing may well wind up NOT being a choice of having.

That's something that pushes my back right up against the wall. I absolutely HATE when I "have no choice", "take it or leave it"... because guess what?! I will leave it.

Not that I don't think Blogspot couldn' t use improvements. It has nothing to do with that and if they were to add one little thing at a time... over time, I'd be just fine with it. But this old lady has had enough of getting by on two journals. Though they are duplicated each has it's own "good and bad" things about them. But I've had my fill of having to relearn yet another "beta" journal. I don't even have this one all figured out yet!! Cripes!

So.. just as a note to the very few folks that bother to come by this journal.. if you begin to have problems .. or if you notice several days go by without a post, it means the only place you can find me is at my aol journal. Here is the address: http://journals.aol.com/deslily/HereThereandEverywhere/

This is upsetting to me. I don't have that many readers, but the ones I have I totally enjoy and would hate to loose you. I assume I will still be able to get to the blogspot journals to read, but I did notice at one that is beta, a few things don't show up. I also notice in the beta journals I get a bunch of boxes re: do you want to see unsecured items? type thing which no other journals have.. like I need more boxes to have to read and click.. when I leave a comment it winds up 4 extra boxes to click on all referring to secure and non secure items.. and those comments that have little photo's with them? in Beta I don't see them.

I wonder why BlogSpot is making it so annoying? The version we are using is just fine.. but noooooooooooo, like most things, they have to fix what isn't broken!

Sigh.. well, I'll keep this going as long as I can, but it looks like the Sh*t is about to hit the fan.

6 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

I hate to see you go. I have two people on my favorite links that have just switched with no problems... One just tonight. (It's About Time.)

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog and wish you the best in whatever decision you make. I started blogging just a short time ago and used the "beta" version. I don't do alot other than post on it so I don't have any problems with it. Best Wishes.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

I started a test blog over at the Beta to see what we would be getting into... mostly it is just the same, very few -visible- changes. I haven't played with making my own templates yet, but the changing around of your templates WITHOUT html/css has been made easier. Give it a try... I don't think you'll have any problems!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

I had started a test blog in the Beta section, and played around with it briefly. When I heard that people with Beta blogs could no longer log in to non-Beta blogs to leave comments, that was enough for me.

"Patrick's Place" remains non-Beta here on Blogger, and it'll stay that way. Eventually, when all of Blogger basic adds the features that are in Beta mode now, I'll assume that these glitches will already have been worked out.

But until all of those glitches are worked out, I'm staying put on non-Beta mode. After all, I've managed to figure out -- with far more trial and error than I'd have liked -- how to manually make changes to my HTML and CSS codes in the template, so I'm relatively happy with my blog as it is now. If changes down the road make those adjustments easier, all the better. Otherwise, I'm fine with doing things the "old-fashioned" way.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not switching either - not until I have to. As far as comments, I leave comments in the "other" category and just put my blog address in the window. My computer stores it so it is no big deal.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Not losing me. I haven't heard that they are going to force it on us, but I have been busy, soo....

Chris
My Blog

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home