My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

LOTR.. one more time.

Two days ago I received my Special Edition copes of Lord of The Rings. I didn't have older copies so this is a first for me. The Special Edition of each film is two disks. The first disk contains the theatrical version of each movie (the one show in theaters). The flip side contains extended versions ..each about 40 minutes longer then the one released in theaters. The second DVD is a film made of "the movie being made". I always loved 'the making of" to see how things were created.



Yesterday I watched "the making of" the first movie, and today the second. I find it amazing to watch. Each disk is 2 hrs long..so you get to see a lot of how things were done. How they could all be so committed for the years in the making is beyond me! Tomorrow I will watch the third making of and eventually I'll watch the extended version of each movie.


I loved the books and having the movie to make the characters come alive is fantastic! Peter Jackson did a marvelous job, as anyone who saw the movies will agree. (and then he did it all again for King Kong!) I love this director! He really "sees" Fantasy Fiction like no one ever has. So many times he took months to build something rather then use special effects, just for the realism, and he did it right!


This is the director I'd like to see make the Pern movies! I wish Anne McCaffrey would relinquish those books to him!! (but i doubt that will ever happen)


But in the mean time...I get to watch that nice young man who made me smile again... sigh.. it just makes me want to mail that letter all the more! Grrrrrrr! There's GOT to be a way!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so fun to be fanatic! I am a closet Trekke (or Trekker as the ST snobs around here used to say).

6:04 PM  
Blogger Bibi said...

Oh I so agree. I don't believe anyone else could have made those movies like Jackson. Let's face, many tried and failed. But when his first movie opened on the scene at the Baggins affair, I wanted to go live in Hobbiton!!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

Since I already own the extended versions of each, and think they are all perfection on film, I hadn't thought to buy these new sets ... Since you raved about the making-of docs, however, I'm beginning to think they are at least worth a rental .. thanks for the heads-up

6:52 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

For the action and excitement, Fellowship of the Rings is my favorite, but the story wrapped up beautifully and got all emotional and stuff in Return of the King, BUT (at the risk of being tarred and feathered) I didn't care for the second installment all that much.

But I do own all three.....

7:53 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

So happy you are having such a good time with these! Peter Jackson did a Mocumentary years ago called..(I think) "Lost Silver"..It was so amazing, and I didn't know it was not 'the real thing' till way after I saw it. The detail in that film is quite extrordinary and that was one of the reasons I had no idea it wasn't For Real! If you ever get a chance, I think you would enjoy watching it...

BTW: Just add the TV Programs you feel should be there...as long as they are in alphabetical order I don't see why not, you know? Have fun with it!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I LOVE the LOTR series. We had the first DVD collection and it was one of Trevor's favorites as well as mine. I think it is one of the most well made movies ever.

Chris
My Blog

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home