My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A Test...this is only a test...

This is a test of us, older kids! The answers are printed below, but don't
cheat.

Ready???


01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the
grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked
man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know why, but he left this
behind. What did he leave behind?____________


02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched
them on The _________________ Show.


03. "Get your kicks, ___________________."


04. "The story you are about to see is true. The names have been
changed______________! "


05 "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________"


06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we "danced" under
a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a
dance called the "_____________."


07. "N_E_S_T_L_E_S," Nestlé's makes the very best _______________. "


08. Satchmo was America's "Ambassador of Goodwill." Our parents shared
this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was
_________________.


09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________


10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named __________________ and Red
always ended his television show by saying, "Good Night, and
"_______________."


11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning
their____________.


12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the
front was called the VW. What other names did it go by?
____________ & ____________.


13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, "the day the music died."
This was a tribute to ___________________


14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did
it. It was called____________


15. One of the big fads of the l a te 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring
that we twirled around our waist. It was called the ________________


Now for the answers......Scroll Down






ANSWERS:


01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
02. The Ed Sullivan Show
03. On Route 66
04. To protect the innocent
05. The Lion sleeps tonight
06. The limbo
07. Chocolate
08. Louis Armstrong
09. The Timex watch
10. Freddy, The Freeloader, and "Good Night, and may God Bless."
11. Draft cards (Bra burning was an equal rights thing)
12. Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly
14. Sputnik
15. Hoola-hoop

Did you get them all right? heh... hard to admit it huh? !

2 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

NO fair, most of these were before I was born. LOL

I only got #5 and #14 right.

2:10 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I didn't know three of them at all, and got another one wrong...so I missed 4 out of fourteen...! I've never been good a tests no matter how easy they are...And this was easy for me! (lol)

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home