My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Remind me again why I watch the news..

I had the news on the other night.. (at my age you'd think I'd know better!). They were talking about the banning of Gay people to adopt children.

I realize the church views on this matter and in this particular instance I really think that they are wrong!

Do we really need to ask the states that are banning this the questions that are so obvious?? Like, "you want a Father and a Mother" in order to adopt... well, what about how many kids are raised with only one parent? Where there is only a mother or only a father .. these children do not grow up "knowing a Mother and a Father"... but they grow up still being loved.

What about children who live with "a Mother and a Father" that are alcoholics?

or a Mother and a Father that are abusive??

.. Hello?...

do you really think these children are better off because they are with "a Mother and a Father" who don't care about them, rather then to be with two women or two men who love them and give a damn about them?????

Pahleeeze tell me you don't really think they are better off because they have "one of each sex".. duh.

I don't know about anyone reading this but I'll tell you something... if I had to give my child up for adoption, I'd want someone to love and care for them, and I don't give a hoot what sex they are, as long as they raise that child with love, take care of all their needs, and don't do anything to harm them.

There are far too many children needing to be adopted (and many are special needs children) that I don't think they should give a darn about someone's preference of a mate.

They should look at things they do with any person trying to adopt. They make sure they have a good income, that they have a loving home to bring them to, and do background checks to be sure they aren't child predators or abusers.. THAT'S what you look at..... and be glad for any child who is adopted by someone ( gay or straight) who cares !

I've been around for 62 yrs and the last I've heard being Gay or Lesbian isn't "catching"... so what are they afraid of?

7 Comments:

Blogger Paula J. Lambert said...

BRAVO!!!

I saw this same newscast and was similarly furious.

Well said, DesLily.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

Amen!

You said everything in your post that I would have commented here about.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Makes you wonder about the priorities of this great country of ours doesn't it?

p.s. - Take care of my Jersey for me, haven't been home in years. (Montclair) to be exact.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

And so there will be no "ma'am" from me. You will be addressed respectfully as DESLILY (from Jersey)

2:55 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

LOL, no i didn't think you were being a pita. Just want to make sure I stay on your good side (after all you did say that I am a really good writer: thanks by the way).

I work in Advertising so "Corporate writing" pays the bills, while screenwriting, poetry, short stories all fill my heart.

Ah yes, Orange, a hop skip and a jump away. I have plenty memories of Turtleback Zoo in West Orange. Those were the days.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Yes ma'-(caught myself). But you're right, I thank goodness for those that keep the lights on.

Right now we're talking about movies. I'm a movie fanatic. Unfortunately due to my age (30) it's taken a while for me to begin to embrace some of the classics (immaturity kept me away from black & white) but I'm learning those are some of the best films I've ever seen.

The best compliment I can receive is that I kept you reading. Thank you DESLILY.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

I would never do such a thing. Who would believe that I actually met the one and only DESLILY?

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home