My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, June 12, 2006

The Tony Awards..

Last night I watched the Tony Awards.... I hope many of you did too, because it was an excellent show.

Though I've never seen a Broadway Show (always out of my financial reach) that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to. The closest I ever got to seeing a play were high school plays that my son was in and a few others that were put on by churches or other high schools. Even with untrained "actors" I loved them.. so i keep a special thought about them.

This year I have to admit, it amused me somewhat. It seems the big winner was "Jersey Boys". That in itself isn't amusing but what is, is that I knew the "real jersey boys" when they worked in Keansburg NJ at a club across from the one the band I was in was playing. I played at the Shamrock in Keansburg and they played at the Club Miami. (don't quote the club name).. as you might suspect they weren't called the Four Seasons yet... back then they went as "The Four Lovers". Now that's amusing! hahaha... sorry, but to this day I can't hear or think of Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons without my brain saying "the four lovers"...

But they did go on to make a few hits.. heh. But I have to admit, I never thought of them as becoming a Broadway play!!

Congratulations to all the winners.. and even those who didn't win for all they entertainment they give to those who get to see the plays...














A complete list of winners of 2006 Tony Awards








(The Four Lovers!...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home