My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday, Monday...

Well, the weekend is over and Monday has dawned into a sunny but breezy day here in New Jersey. The temperatures will only reach 64 (or so they say), and I'm fine with that! Their week-long prediction is for it to get a few degrees warmer each day and by Friday it should be 78 degrees. I guess that means I need to think of putting the sweats away. I almost hate to do that, they're so comfy. (I rarely leave the house so there's no need to be dressed any other way then to be comfortable.)

I mentioned a few posts ago that I was "re-editing" on the third book of my trilogy. (I refer to them as books only because they meet the criteria in word count for a book) Since that post I have managed to go over half of the chapters, and I think the flow of any change is going well. I'm finding myself slowly returning to a place that makes me feel relaxed and it's like visiting old friends... a good feeling.

I'm hoping that while doing this I can get into a routine, one of which includes untimely calls from my brother, interrupting what I am doing. I'm trying to do this in hopes that it will lead me back to writing on the fourth installment on my story. (I've written about 1/2 a chapter and it just sits there) It's much harder to keep your thoughts going when writing then it is with editing because if i go away before completing a thought on paper I am at the mercy of my crummy memory, and I would easily loose where I was going with the writing. With "editing" the words are already there, you are just trying to make it read better.

I am in the habit of jotting down notes as I think of things I want to write, but if you've ever written anything, (and that would include writing a post on your journal) and the phone rings and takes you away from your writing, you can note that when you return you have to remember what it was you were going to say.

It may be hard for some to understand, but there are times when writing a story, that the characters take on a life of their own and take you in a direction that you never anticipated, and so an interruption at that point can be fatal and make it all disappear. (that would NOT be a good thing!)

So I am hoping this habit I am trying to obtain is actually obtainable! We'll see.

On another note.. a number of readers commented on the photo with the Clematis in it, so here is a new photo.. also a photo of a Weeping Blue Atlas Cedar that stands behind where the fountain goes. (you can see the stand for it, but the fountain itself hasn't been put out for the summer yet)





If all is not lost, where is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home