My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Nice Surprise..

Wow!.. well I promised I would let everyone know if I ever heard from either of the two letters I wrote for autographs. (one was to Angela Lansbury the other to Meryl Streep)


Taadaaa! Monday's mail (snail mail) revealed an answer to one of the letters! I was truly shocked because responses to autographs can take a few months!


Here's the photo that Angela Lansbury sent to me....



I was concerned when I first opened it and saw the signature.. the glare off of the photo looked as if it might be a photo copy of her signature. When I came to my room I pulled out a special erasor I have for ink and touched the very end of the signature.. indeed if it was a photo copy nothing would disappear.. and to my pleasure.. it's a real signature!


I'm really glad she responded.. besides wanting the autograph I had just purchased her biography... now I am more then anxious to finish the book I am reading so that I can read about Angela.



When I showed the photograph to my brother and David, they informed me that they saw Angela Lansbury on Broadway when she did Mame!! Boy.. talk about feeling envy!! Not only didn't I ever see Ms Lansbury on Broadway, but I've never seen ANY Broadway play!


Just in case there is anyone out there who might be interested in collecting autographs and is interested in Angela Lansbury here is the address that I wrote to: (this is her agents address.. on the bottom of the envelope i wrote: please forward to Angela Lansbury. I also sent a stamped self addressed 8x10 envelope with a piece of cardboard so if she sent a photo it would stand a better chance of not being bent by the post office.)


Angela Lansbury
C/O Corymore Entertainment
9171 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210


It was a sunny day Monday.. the temperatures rose into the 60's and I received Angela's autograph.. not a bad day! It's just too bad Tuesday won't be as nice... I sure wish I knew why the person who keeps putting 2 and 3 comments in my posts about "earning extra money, click here" would STOP! It's made me have to read the comments before they are posted and to find 2 and 3 from "anonymous" each day is really upsetting. Why does someone want to deface my journal? I've never done anything to them. And they see the comment isn't getting posted so why more then one every day? If their endeavor is to make me quit blogspot.. they may well be winning.. then they can post all they want.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

There is a way you can stop allowing Anonymous comments. Go to your blogger settings, and click comments. go to "Who Can Comment" and pick "Only Registered Users". That way no one can make anonymous comments on your blog.

7:43 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Charles
unfortunatly that also excludes others who's comments would be more then welcome...

10:58 AM  
Blogger Karen Funk Blocher said...

Your best bet is to enable the "captcha" - the jumble of letters people have to retype toget through. That defeats most of the comment spam. The person who is bugging you probably isn't a person visiting your blog at all, but a spambot.

Then there are people who actually do post weird comments in person. Only the members only or comment moderation deals with that one. I finally put the non anonymous option on the fiction blog because someone kept posting junk comments under assumed names. Remember, you don't have to have a BlogSpot blog to be a Blogger member, so it's reasonably painless.

K.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home