My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Patrick's Tuesday Two

Tuesday Two - Episode 21

THIS WEEK'S TOPIC: ANIMALS

QUESTION A:What is the most exotic animal you've ever actually come into physical contact with? If you've never touched an exotic animal, which one would you most like to touch?

or

QUESTION B:How do you feel about zoos? Do you think that they are a valuable resource to encourage an appreciation of nature, or a harmful industry that only exploits animals?

Remember: choose one or the other...not both!


This is not even a choice for me since I was so lucky to have volunteered at Shambala Preserve for a few years.

While there I had some contact with a number of exotic animals. The Tiger, Kirby, was amazing and Daisy the Cougar was my personal favorite of the animals that live at Shambala.

To me the one I felt most nervous over was Timbo the Elephant. I know it was just because of his size, but I was nervous anyway. It always amazed me how calm Chris was when he was with his Elephants. It's a true love story between Chris and the elephants.

I've also held a, rather large, albino Burmese Python, petted a Leopard and held a lion cub.
However, the one I think most impressed me (and unfortunately I don't have a photo) was a time a Snow Leopard visitied Shambala. Talk about fur feeling like silk! Gorgeous, gorgeous animal.. that would be my choice for the MOST impressive exotic animal.


The one animal I haven't had a "close encounter" with that I would like to is a Giraffe.




1 Comments:

Blogger Karen Funk Blocher said...

Great shots, and a wonderful thing to have done. Like someone ese, I like the tiger shot the best! - Karen

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home