My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Stars....

Gosh, the other day we lost Don Knotts ..................



and last night I heard we lost Dennis Weaver......


It really does always seem these things go in three's... so now i sit and wait for the other shoe to drop. Every time a show like the Oscars comes along, they do a small piece In Memory Of.. and somehow I'm always surprised because I didn't hear that this one or that one passed away. Sigh.. I wish I could say that I thought the newer group of actors and actresses are as good as those we are loosing.

I don't think they are "bad".. it just doesn't seem they are the same quality, but maybe that only comes with time. There is one very young actress that interests me, though I probably won't be around when she reaches her prime.. and that's Dakota Fanning.

I like her so much I wrote to her and received her autograph.. besides talented, she's the cutest darn kid ! From her photo I drew her picture.. with a little 'cheating".. but it came out well I think..


I guess my mind is on Actors only because there are so many commercials on right now about the Oscars.


On my last post when I talked about going through an earthquake, I received comments about other parts of the country and their Hurricanes and Tornados and such.. Since i lived in Florida for 13 yrs I went through some of the Hurricanes, just not as many as has happened down there in the past two years! It did make me wonder, remembering those Hurricanes, why some people insist on trying to 'ride them out" instead of getting to safety. It's one of the few disasters that gives warning that it's going to happen, unlike Earthquakes or Tornados... and yet some seem to think it's not worth their life to be sure they make it through by going to a safer area. I will never understand that. Just because, once it's over you find out that you COULD have stayed safely at home.. doesn't mean it's the best idea. Oh, well.. obviously those that stay won't change their minds.

As I thought more on the Earthquake I went through (the Northridge Quake) there was one beautiful moment I remember in the middle of being scared out of my mind.

In between aftershocks we dragged our mattresses outside, along with blankets and any food that wasn't tossed onto the floor for living outside (we did this because we didn't know if the newly acquired cracks in the walls meant it was unsafe to stay or not)...

I distinctly remember looking into the night sky on the first night out there. Because there was no electric the sky was a deep black, and the stars never looked so bright to me.. then it began. Shooting stars all over the place!

I have never seen so many shooting stars in my life. I'll admit, at first it scared me even more than I was.. is something more going on then this earthquake? I think I held my breath for a few moments.. and then I became mezmerized at the shooting stars until i finally drifted off to sleep. Maybe it was a touch of hope?

5 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

Your third is Darren McGavin (Kolchack, The Night Stalker). I saw it on the AOL front page yesterday...

7:42 PM  
Blogger Paula J. Lambert said...

The Dakota portrait is lovely.

I thought about leaving a comment last post re the tornado my husband and I went through. Our home was destroyed, and he was nearly killed. I didn't want to take away from the beauty and hauntedness of your own experience, though. I'm so glad you followed up with this little story of hope. It's hard to believe when you see the devastation on tv and when you experience such devastation yourself--but these moments, tiny as they sometimes are, always do come. I'm glad you included it in your follow up.

Peace.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

It's sad that all of these great actors are leaving us.

The Andy Griffith show was one of my favorite shows to watch when I used to watch it in syndication on WUHF 31, when I was a kid. I didn't even know Ron Howard was Opie until I was about 16 years old. I always associated him with Happy Days.

I will be very sad when William Shatner passes.

I think there are some pretty good actors and actresses up and coming. I think Brent Spiner acted pretty well on STNG. I like when he played Lore. He was a convincing villain. The same could be said for Robert Picardo.

Non Star Trek actors:
Drew Barrymore
Jim Carey
Morgan Freeman (although he is up there in age)
Kate Winslet

My favorite TV show is that is still on air is Lost, but I can't think of any of the stars that I would consider special. There is one reocurring guest star though. I don't know her name.

1:00 PM  
Blogger DEREK said...

this is wonderful love it, love the drawing of Dakota too, she is a wonderful actress.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

Nice drawing of Dakota. And i'm pretty sure you'll be around when she hits her prime. I read an article today about a movie she's making where she's going to be in a rape scene. Hard to imagine little Dakota going through that. See, she's growing up already. Maybe a little too fast.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home