My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Round Robin Photo

As I read other journals I came across what's called: Round Robin Photo's.. where someone picks a topic and then anyone who wants to participate puts up a photo concerning the topic. For more info see: http://roundrobinphoto.blogspot.com/

Anyway.. while reading some journals yesterday I saw pictures that Dee at
http://journals.aol.com/SassyDee50/SassysEYE had displayed for the Round Robin.. It got me thinking of a photo I had come across while redoing some albums. (you've seen a number of old photo's lately because of this..heh)

The topic is "super model".. well, those words and "me" aren't ever said in the same sentence! But.. there was this one photo of my X and myself. I remember it well because the way I felt at that time I had never felt before.. or since. I felt pretty. You have to know me to know that I never, but never , ever felt petty. But this one time I did.

My brother and I, though he is 5 yrs older then I am, was taking us out to celebrate our birthdays, which fall one week apart. I believe he made the dress at the time and loaned it to me for the trip we were about to make.. THE PLAYBOY CLUB !! Lord, help me lol.. bunnies all over the place! haha.. funny, thinking back now.. I bet my X remembered the bunnies.. but I remembered that the steak was so tender you didn't need a knife to cut it!!

Anyway.. here is the photo.. the only time i felt "super" (not all that sure about the model part lol) Oh.. and i was pregnant with my second son at the time, but didn't know it yet. (maybe that had something to do with feeling good about myself for a change?)

8 Comments:

Blogger Karen Funk Blocher said...

Yup, I like the photo here too! If you don't mind, I'll use this URL as the link in the RR entry. Thanks!

Karen

1:14 PM  
Blogger DEREK said...

Love this shot, beautiful! You look like you were ready for the golden globe awards or the Oscars.

4:45 PM  
Blogger V said...

Woo Hoo!
You look wonderful!
V

5:19 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

I love this photo! That evening gown is gorgeous! I would love to know what color it is. :)You looked beautiful. Thanks for posting the photo of you and your brother, it's funny, my brother and I are 15 years and 4 days apart.:)

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are pretty, then and now! Very classy cheekbones and you had to have a long neck to sport those rhinestones(pardon me if they were prescious stones). Now the hair-do, LOL, I can remember but I'm glad that hasn't come around again.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're gorgeous! Love the hair and dress...

I followed all the links on this Round Robin thing and was so surprised at all the entries!! I never would have imagined such varied responses to the theme--never. Thanks so much for this post and for my "trek"...!

;)

Paula
http://journals.aol.com/paulajlambert/PaulaLambert-Author

9:36 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I agree with Derek! You look ready to walk the red carpet! I love that dress!

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's indeed a dress fitting for the catwalk!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home