My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Olympic Year


Yesterday there was a program on with figure skaters AND gymnists.. ohhh boy, I am soooooooooo ready for the Olympics!

I'm not sure why but when it's the Olympics I watch things I would never watch if it wasn't the Olympics. Like.. Curling. Ummm, I really don't think I'd watch Curling if it wasn't on the Olympics.. but there I sat last time during winter Olympics watching Curling and of course routing for some team.. sheesh.

I'm looking forward to Figure Skating, of course. (Now that's one thing I watch even when it's NOT the Olympics.. I really enjoy the skaters). Believe it or not that includes a newer favorite of mine and that's the "cutie" Apolo Ohno on short track. He grabbed my heart during the last winter Olympics and I've began to hear his name now that February is around the corner.

Our best "hopefuls" for the U.S. this year are:

Sasha Cohen (oh sure anyone can do that! ..heh)






(I suspect that Irina Slutskaya will give her a run for the money..err, I mean medal!) (ouch, I have backpain WITHOUT doing that)






Johnny Weir (He's soooooo artistic)




Belbin and Agosto (thankfully Belbin is now an American citizen *and Canadian* so that they WILL represent the U.S. at the Olympics.


Apolo Ohno (cutie pie lol)






Two other skaters that I just can't get enough of, who no longer are in contention.. are : Todd Eldridge and Alexei Yagudin. I'm glad that they have specials on tv such as "Smuckers" so that I can continue to enjoy them.

Ok.. I'm ready!.. Bring on the Olympics!





1 Comments:

Blogger betty said...

I totally forgot about the Olympics being this year!Thanks for the reminder. I like figure skating and is it the ice dancing? That is beautiful!

betty

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home