My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Monday Photo Shoot on Tuesday

Your Monday Photo Shoot: (http://journals.aol.com/johnmscalzi/bytheway) Share some of your favorite black and white photos. Older pictures are good, but what you also might think about is seeing how some of your favorite color pictures look in black and white -- most computer photo editors will let you make a photo black and white (or sepia-toned -- that's monochromatic, too). This is an opportunity to look at some of your best photos in a new way.

Well geez... I guess it's obvious John doesn't come by MY journal! lol I've used many black and whites recently! But I dug up yet one more just for his Monday Photo Shoot.


This is my brother when he was young and thin. (weren't we all? *sigh) He made the costumes for a big Halloween Party in NY. He and the gal to the right went as Beauty and the Beast. Take a good look at his face.. that's real hair glued to his face, my mother's hair to be precise!


The gal to his left was "snow" and her date went as "Winter". Way back then the only Beauty and the Beast he based the costumes on was the old original black and white movie. (Jean Cocteau 1949 ) I remember seeing that version too! It was probably one of the first Fantasy movies I ever saw on television.. quickly followed by a black and white King Kong and a black and white Mighty Joe Young.

Gee.. even back then Fantasy hooked me! Then I began to read Fantasy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Virenda said...

Love this picture, and I can't believe he glued "real" hair to his face?! WOW! Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite stories/movies and I love all of the remakes.:0) Looking back always seems so sureal. Have a great monday...

2:04 PM  
Blogger Paula J. Lambert said...

How great is this picture?! You post the best photos....

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home