My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Kwan-der This..

Ok.. so something about me I haven't discussed yet is my becoming a fanatic when the Olympics are on. I can't get enough of ANY of it, be it summer or winter, I love it all.

Now.. that brings me to last nights Figure skating. They showed the female figure skaters and the winners are to go to the Olympics. My favorite person to watch skate was not there, Michelle Kwan, due to a groin injury.

Ooooookay.. so .. now what? The winner was Sasha Cohen who is automatically on the Olympic team. Second place went to Kimmie Meissner and third went to Emily Hughes.

During the show I am hearing talk about the fact that somehow Michelle Kwan may still make the team even though she's not skating, and even though she hasn't skated very much at all this past year.

Hmmm, I love watching Michelle but in all honesty, I don't think she's been keeping up with the new ladies that are up and coming. Do I want to see Michelle at the Olympics? Ohhh sure I do! Does she deserve to go? Now that I don't know.

I won't presume to know how their points system works or even to know if her injury will allow her to skate her best by next month.

I'm in a quandary about Kwan.

I found this article on the web.. but still I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do or not...

Michelle Kwan made the U.S. figure skating team forthe Turin Olympics despite missing the national trials with a groin injury.
The selection committee gave the nine-time U.S. and five-time world champion a medicalbye Saturday night, placing her on the team with Kimmie Meissner.
She made it ahead of third-place finisher Emily Hughes, who was designated an alternate along with Katy Taylor.

What do you think???

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I think that sucks. Michelle Kwan has been enough. Let someone else go. In my opinion, she's done. We need new faces out there. Oh, and like you, I adore the Olympics! I can't wait for them to come on!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home