My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

In Search of..

Well, by now everyone should be calming down from all the hubbub of Christmas. Ok, so not everyone! heh, I forgot those "gift cards"! Best time to get the most from that money is right now, the after Christmas sales! Wish I had a way to get to some stores myself.. I wouldn't mind some of those sale prices!

During the holidays I had ordered presents over the web and I'm glad to say everything got delivered in time. I had ordered books for my grandson which got to florida in plenty of time. Then a book for my brother of fashion photography which also arrived in time, and lastly a movie for David of Finding Neverland, since he's a big Johnny Depp fan.

My best friend Annie, from (
http://journals.aol.com/desannie/Anniesmeanderings/) gave me a gift certificate from Amazon.com which I had No problem whatsoever spending! LOL.. I bought a group of books by Terry Brooks .. they followed an old trilogy he had out years ago called the sword of shannara. If you remember back in my journal I was holding and reading that first book with a cat on my head!

However, long ago I loaned that first book to someone and never got it back, so I must have gotten rid of the other two from the trilogy since I didn't have the complete set. That turned into a big mistake! Now I am trying to find those original books with the original covers (artwork).. I found two of them on ebay in "excellent" condition considering the age of them, but I don't have Paypal so i had to watch them disappear from my grasp at a mere five and a half dollars! Boy, that made me cry!

I see more of them on ebay but most are from England and the shipping is more then the book costs! I got a bit upset because now on amazon and half.com they have stopped showing the covers of the used books so I can't see the condition of them.. one persons opinion of "very good" and mine are at times not the same. Sooo, I sit and wait to see if others come up for sale. I want to get them and re read them before I start the new set I purchased. I hope it doesn't take forever to find them in a good condition. These are the original covers... book one the artwork is by Hildebrandt and books two and three are by Darrell Sweet.. I think i want the artwork as much as the books!



Since then I rooted around in a box i found in the basement of mine and found a book I had enjoyed also.. "Chekov's Enterprise". It was written by Walter Koenig who played Chekov on the original Star Trek series. I remember when I first read it, I thought he had a fantastic sense of humor and really enjoyed the book.. but somehow when i found it recently it was waterlogged and ruined.. sigh.. here i go again looking for another old book to replace! Once again I found it in excellent condition on ebay.. sigh. I will try to email the seller since he takes a charge card, I don't like putting it on line to a place like Ebay so we'll see how the seller responds. I guess I need to get paypal but I've heard some horror stories and not thrilled to think it could happen to me too.

I'm at least glad that I know they are out there.. I just have to be able to get them! lol.
I hope your Christmas was the best ever!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

I use paypal when I get things off of E-bay. I got a lot of stuff about a year ago. I collect old circus posters and there were several good reproductions on there at the time. I've had no problem with paypal. BUT.. you knew there would be a but ;p Once you have the account, you have to be careful about any e-mails you get concerning it. I got one just the other day that looked very official, but if you hovered over the link, it wasn't to paypal, but to another website. NEVER EVER click on a link in an e-mail. Always go into your browser and put in the site manually and then check out anything you need to. Oh, and I forwarded the 'phishing' e-mail on to AOL.

Anyway, if you are careful, Paypal is a great service.
Adventures of an Eclectic Mind

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home