My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Post Note..

Post Note..

I have been reading other collections and have found them really great!!.. so when i came back to mine I thought i should add a little something about the pictures I have showing..

I did get to meet Julie Newmar, and yes she is really tall! lol.. very nice lady.

As for Kevin McCarthy, I have helped him a few times at autograph shows and we keep in touch via email and an ocassional phone calls. What a nice man he is. Did you know his sister was Mary McCarthy, the author? See there.. some trivia for you.

The "creature" you see is Dan O'Herlihy.. he was in Robo Cop and this makeup was for The Last Starfighter. Excellent character actor, and I enjoyed helping him at a show also.

I ran some errands for Dean Stockwell..at times when he'd be talking to me I kept seeing him as the doctor in Dune, though he was more well known for his part in Quantum Leap.

I met Charlton Heston at a show who did autographing for a charity.. I thought that was really nice of him since he HAD to have had writers cramps from signing all day long.

And left the best for last. DeForest Kelley. I was a fan for years.. then i met him, began to write to him.. then met his fantastic wife Carolyn. From there we went to letter writing.. from there visits when doing conventions.. from there i moved to CA and we became friends and visited and talked on the phone nearly everyday.. I had 10 good years knowing them before DeForest passed away and last year Carolyn.. and boy do i miss them.. many fun laughing memories.

Anyway.. before i make myself sad thinking lol... I just wanted to add a little adendum to my last post..

Don't let your mind wander, for it may never come back.

3 Comments:

Blogger journally yours, gem said...

oh this is wonderful Pat...I love that you shared your interactions and your experience being friend with people like them..you obviously have a gift of making somebody--anybody feel comfortable around you. I think that is a wonderful, priceless gift one can possess within.
Gem :-)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

That's great! Thanks for telling us some of the background of those autographed photos.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Virginia said...

You met DeForest Kelley.... way cool!
Peace, Virginia

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home