My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Patricks Sunday 7

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:
Here's your chance to suggest great gift ideas. Take a quick inventory around your home and select up to seven things that you'd hate to be without or that have made your life easier. They can be technological gadgets or unique spins on old mainstays, but they should be things that might just make good gift suggestions for people trying to come up with just the right idea. (You'd probably want to avoid ultra-common things like "computers" and "televisions," which most people would already have, although if there is a specific kind or something unique about the version you have, then it might make a good response.)


Either answer the question in a comment or answer it in your journal and include the link in a comment. (To be considered "first to play," a link must be to the specific entry in which you answered the question.)


Well, since I am not living "in my own home or apartement" that would be hard for me to do.. however, suggestions anyone can have even if they don't have the item available to them.


I always found that it's not all that easy to buy for anyone, no matter how much you know them, people change all the time and so do their tastes.


The easiest and best thing to do "when in doubt" is to buy a Gift Card. You can get them for just about anything. From MacDonalds to Movies to Food Stores, Book stores and Computer stores.


What someone wants may be more then you can afford and so a Gift Card helps them on their way to get "what they really want" instead of settling for something that may not be right.


When I lived on my own I found I liked to get things that I "needed" but somehow was always inconvient to buy for myself.. like a roll of Stamps for instance. Or ink for my printer or even paper for it. You might think of their hobbies and give "supplies" they might need to enjoy it more. I know they don't seem like "oh wow gifts" but they are always grateful when they go to use them!


Other suggestions would be that if you are creative in some way to Make your gift for someone. For woman they can knit a winter cap or crochet an afgan. For some men, if they are inclined to build things you could make a book shelf or a tray to eat off of in the living room.. it just depends on the creative part of you.


Well those are my suggestions for now.. if i think of more i will add them later!


It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try and pass them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

These are all very considerate and thoughtful ideas. :) I love buying gift cards, they make they so pretty now and the designs are usually fun. Great ideas.

Always, Carly :)

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home